Funeral in Islam (called Janazah in Arabic) follow fairly specific rights, though they are subject to regional interpretation and variation in customs. In all cases, sharia (Islamic religious law) calls for burial of the body, preceded by a simple ritual involving bathing and shrouding the body, followed by salah (prayer). Try to attend the Prayer of the deceased even if you not know him/her.
Remember that the Janazah Prayer is a standing only prayer. Like any other prayer, this prayer is also facing the Qibla.
Masjid Alfalah works with a number of Islamic funeral homes that can arrange for the collection of the deceased from the hospital or mortuary and make arrangements for the funeral prayer and burial. These Islamic funeral homes provide a full range of funeral services including:
- Transporting the body from home or hospital to Masjid’s mortuary.
- Ghusal, Kafan[shrouding], storage, and coffin for the deceased.
- Janaza Salah
- Assisting in obtaining death certificate.
- Masjid Hamza has also pre-purchased a number of burial plots for the community at a discounted rate.
- These plots can be purchased through a one-time payment or installment plan.
Inshallah, we will publish contact information soon..